Why study with AEA?

Wherever you are coming from Europe, America or Asia, we are genuinely excited about you coming to study with us, here at Advanced Education Australia(AEA). We are happy that you have chosen to study with us and we are committed to making your journey with us a beneficial and richly rewarding. We wish you all the success in your studies and look forward to seeing you soon.

The AEA is a College with an open mind and broad vision for the future. We ensure that our students are taught at the highest level, within a friendly, caring environment. Our aim is to create learning experiences that are exciting, beneficial and fun. AEA  is dedicated to equipping our students for success in today’s constantly changing and competitive world with:

  • Limited class sizes, so each student receives individual attention.
  • Practical sessions in which students have access to and use industry leading professional treatment products.
  • Student materials that are specially created to incorporate the latest information and Beauty Therapy techniques.
  • Students access their own set of electrical equipment for use in facial treatments. This allows the student greater time to become familiar with the use of electrical equipment and increase their skill.
  • The opportunity for students to purchase professional products at a reduced rate for training purposes. This gives each student the opportunity to become as familiar as possible with the products they will be using at AEA.


Studying in Australia will allow you to experience; excellent weather, beautiful sunrises and gold steeped sunsets. You will be given the opportunity to discover a whole new way of life and broaden your outlook on the Beauty, make-up, Business, Aged care, Disability care and Child care Industry and the world.


Once you have decided that Advanced Education Australia will provide you with the suitable course and outcome you are looking for you need to:

Request from AEA a copy of the International Student Handbook. You must then completely and with attention read through the whole document, this is your guide.
Read and understand the ESOS framework.
Download the Enrolment Form for international students and fill out. Alternatively you can request one to be sent to you via mail or email.
Sign the following on the enrolment form:

  • Student Declaration
  • Student Agreement
  • Refund Agreement

Acknowledgement of receipt and understanding of this Student Handbook for International Students. This acknowledgement states that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations contained therein.

Enclose the following items with the Enrolment Form:

  • A passport photo of yourself signed legibly and dated.
  • A copy of photo identification such as passport or driver’s license, including your residential address.
  • Copy of your secondary school examination results. Translated into English.
  • Copy of your English Skills Certificate (score of IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 525 or above)
  • Application fee (please note: if application fee is not enclosed with enrolment form and requested documents the student’s      application will be returned to them without processing).

Please Note: All the above documents sent to AEA must be certified by a court official. AEA college reserves the right to check the validity of all documents tendered.

Offer Of Placement

Once the attachments and application fee (non-refundable) have been received and accepted, AEA will send you an official Letter of Offer for entry into your chosen course.

An offer of placement will only be given to those students who meet the requirements and who are enrolling in a full time course.
After you have received the Letter of Offer you will be required to pay all College fees to confirm your place in the course.
Upon receipt of payment you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment and Student Identification Number. This will complete the enrolment process.

Please Note: The Letter of Offer will be based on the following conditions:
– That all students are recruited in an ethical and responsible manner
– Students have provided AEA with the requested documentation and submitted this with the Application fee.
– AEA will assess that the students qualifications and proficiencies are appropriate to the course e.g. that they have achieved the  –      minimum level of English required to study at the College.
– Evidence is provided that the prospective student has been assessed on English proficiency and meets the requirements of the Migration Regulations.

Course Credit

This process is available to all students. It is a formal recognition of any previous learning experience or skills that have been gained.


To study in Australia as an international student you must have a valid Australian Student Visa. Student visas are subject to strict conditions. Failure to comply with visa conditions may result in the cancellation of your visa. Cancellation of your student visa will require you to leave Australia immediately.

It is your responsibility to read and understand the conditions of your visa. For a list of explanations of your visa conditions, please refer to the information booklet under your visa subclass in the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (www.diac.gov.au) website or contact your nearest Australian Diplomatic Mission.



If you are given permission to work, there are restrictions on the number of hours you can work.

The information below outlines the work entitlements for you and your dependant family members if you are granted permission to work.


Students granted permission to work:
  • You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the term and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.
  • Notes: Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 20 hours per week. If you are doing voluntary or unpaid work you must apply for permission to work. It is included in the limit of 20 hours per week.
  • Dependant family members granted permission to work:
  • You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week throughout the year.

Important: You must also comply with the State and Territory laws of Australia. Under all State and Territory laws, you cannot work during school hours if you are under the school leaving age, which in most states is 15 years of age.


The department considers your course to be ‘in session’:

  • for the duration of the advertised semesters (including periods when exams are being held)
  • if your Confirmation of Enrolment is still in effect
  • if you are undertaking another course, during a break from your main course and the points will be credited to your main course.

This information was taken from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship – www.immi.gov.au


To open a bank account you will need your passport and other forms of identification such as birth certificate or international drivers licence.

Always make sure you understand the conditions of any bank account you open. Banks in Australia provide savings and cheque accounts, plus a wide range of other financial services such as; personal loans, bank drafts and transfer of funds.


An individual Tax File Number (TFN) is issued to each tax payer in Australia. You need a student work visa before you apply for your TFN if you intend to work in Australia.

Tax file numbers are issued by the Tax Office. We use your number to identify your tax records.

Everyone has a different tax file number. Your tax file number is yours for life, even if you change jobs, move interstate or change your name. If you leave the country and later come back to Australia, you still use the same tax file number.

When you make enquiries about your tax records, we will ask you for your tax file number; we will also ask for other information to check that you are who you say you are.

Your tax file number is valuable. Do not share it with friends and do not provide it over the internet when applying for jobs.


It is not compulsory to have a tax file number. However, without a tax file number:

  • your employer must take 46.5% of your wages in tax
  • institutions are required to tax your interest at 46.5%
  • is more difficult for us to look up your records and discuss them with you.


Only certain people and organisations can ask for your tax file number, the most common being:

  • Tax Office
  • your bank or other financial institution

You do not have to give your tax file number when asked but there may be consequences if you do not.


  • legal basis the organisation has for asking for it.
  • you are not committing an offence if you do not provide it.


Your Bank in Australia will ask for you TFN when you apply to open an account. If you do not have a TFN when you open an account you can register your TFN with the bank when you receive it.

To apply for a TFN, you will need to complete an application for which is available from the Post office or at the nearest Australian Taxation Office (ATO). To apply for a TFN you will need identification such as your passport, as well as a bank statement,drivers licence or credit card.

For more information go to www.ato.gov.au


Money can be sent from your home country to Australia by bank drafts, cheques or telegraphic transfers. Credit cards are also a convenient way of transferring funds. Check on the interest rates that will be charged. Bank drafts or cheques from overseas take a few days to arrive and can take up to 10 working days to clear through an Australian bank. Telegraphic transfers usually take only a few days, but cost more than other methods.


Student orientation day is conducted for all new students at the beginning of each semester. It is essential for all new students to attend this session to understand the Advanced Education Australia academic systems, rules and regulations and familiarise themselves with the facilities. Students must bring with them; valid passport and current residential address.

Typically the orientation day includes:

  • Introduction to College facilities and the study environment
  • Introduction to trainers and administration team
  • Highlighting the information contained in the student handbook
  • Introduction to course structure, academic calendar and timetable issues.
  • Information about academic and attendance requirements governed by the department of immigration and student visa regulations.

At the end of the orientation day students will receive all student kits and resource manuals. Students will then be asked to sign a Student Orientation and Compliance Declaration form that acknowledges that they understand and agree to comply with student visa conditions and aware of their rights and obligations as students of the Advanced Education Australia.


As part of the induction process students will be introduced to the Policies and Procedures listed below. Copies of these will be available in the Advanced Education Australia International Course Guide and/or International Student enrollment form. Copies of these will also be available on request. These documents include but are not limited to:

  • Marketing Policy
  • Course Credit Policy
  • Language Proficiency Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Critical Incident Policy
  • Transfer Between Registered Providers Policy/Procedure
  • Complaints and Appeals Policy/Procedure
  • Academic Appeals Policy
  • Study Completion Policy/Procedure
  • Course Progress Policy
  • Attendance Policy

Policies and procedures regarding International students can be found in the International students Handbook


The following are some links you might find useful. They cover studying in Australia and information on Australia in general:

The following are some links from the Simple Savings website which has tips on saving money.